Halloween Dental Health Tips
- Limit Candy to Distinct Snack Times. Every time you eat candy – whether one piece or ten – your teeth are coated in sugar. Lollipops and other hard candies that stay in your mouth for a long time are particularly bad for your teeth. Eating small pieces of candy throughout the day has a similar effect.
- Pair Sugary Snacks with Water or Milk instead of Soda or Juice. It is always best to avoid sugary beverages like soda and juice, but this is especially important when you are already enjoying candy or other Halloween treats.
- Brush Your Teeth Immediately After Enjoying Halloween Treats. Sugary snacks leave a sugary residue on your teeth that can cause tooth decay. Brushing your teeth right after a treat can remove the sugary residue before it causes damage.
- Balance Junk Food with Healthy Food. It is okay to enjoy Halloween treats… in moderation. Be sure to balance out your daily diet with plenty of healthy foods like whole grains, vegetables, and fresh fruits.
- See Your Dentist for Your Regular Checkup! Kids and adults should get a dental checkup every six months. If it has been longer than six months since your last checkup, now is the perfect time to get scheduled! If you don’t have a dentist, Bluebonnet Family Dental is accepting new patients. We accept most PPO insurances, Medicaid, and CHIP. We are a one stop dental provider for your entire family, and love helping our community maintain healthy mouths and confident smiles!
BLUEBONNET FAMILY DENTAL
Call Now or Schedule Online!